deleting blocks of email ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ukeman, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Ukeman macrumors member

This is my first iPad (3). Is there a way to select blocks of emails in the Inbox, and delete them?
    I have roadrunner email, and it doesn't sync with my Mail on my iMac, but comes from a main server and shows like 600 emails on my iPad.
    For now I am just focusing on new emails as they come in on top of the old.
    thanks.

btw, my gmail account does sync with the imac.... no problems there.

2. kaydot macrumors regular

Use the "Edit" mode, select a group of emails by tapping them, then select the delete button. If it isn't a delete button, then it's a move to trash folder operation. Hope that helps!

3. bobright macrumors 601

I think the OP wants to delete them in mass with a few taps don't think its possible

4. Ukeman thread starter macrumors member

thakns for that tip... it is handy to know, but i guess the way my mail is set up, it a roadrunner account to my Mail on my iMac, if i delete what's there, not synced to my Mail on the iMac, the server will keep sending infinite (almost ) number of old mail; just keeps piling in, going back in time....heheh.
    I'll just have to get over keeping it up to date, and read current mail as it comes, and of course send mail, but as for cleaning it out, it seems impossible.

5. kaydot macrumors regular

Sounds like you're having a classic case of POP3 mail vs. multiple computers issue. If roadrunner and iPad supports IMAP, switch to that, and deleted items should sync across both systems.

6. Ukeman thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll have to check in with RR to see ... I googled IMAP and see that Gmail supports IMAP and i guess that's why my Gmail is syncing...?