deleting contacts in itunes/iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Mar 16, 2011.

1. ansabakhan, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i synced my brother in laws iphone with my itunes just to make a backup and save it on my computer. now as soon as i connected my iphone ....itunes copied all his contacts (around 500) to my iphone ... is there a way i can deleted his contacts from my iphone in bulk ? or some how do it in itunes?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

easier if you delete them from where you chose to back them up on your PC with iTunes, so lets say your chose to back them up to Windows Contacts just delete them from that folder on your PC then your next time in iTunes it will ask you to remove those from your phoen and say yes

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks ! i am using mac .... i am not sure whee it stores contacts on imac ? so you are saying just delete the complete folder with his contacts ?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no no not the whole folder, i use a windows based PC and in itunes i had a drop down on my contact tab that showed were my contacts sync, so in my situation i chose windows contacts, so i actually have a Contacts folder the i can navigate to in windows and in that folder i see all my contacts like each contact is its own file, i can delete contacts in here then the next time i sync it removes those now missing contacts from my phone, you might need someone who uses MAC to charm in to help guide you to the location on your MAC to see all your contacts that have been backed up

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i get it now ! thanks .. i still need help locating it on mac .

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

On the Mac it's stored in Address Book app.

Next time, create a separate user account on your Mac. Takes 30 seconds to setup and enable fast user switching.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks .... you mean to create another user ? or just add new iphone on itunes? it is a good idea to create a brand new user just for this ?