Deleting Daemons

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JadedX03X, May 10, 2010.

1. JadedX03X macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I've been getting a popup message on my iphone saying "This accessory is not supported by iphone" lately. In this site I came across the solution which is to delete System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessoryd.plist.

How can I delete that daemon? Please help!!! The solution Apple gives me is a restoration and I'd only do that if it's really my last resort otherwise I rather not.

Thanks in advance.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You have to be jaibroken to delete that. However, I don't believe that's your problem. You either have water damage, junk in your dock connector, or your dock connector is bad.

3. JadedX03X thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Aggie,

Thanks for replying. I had already checked the dock and there was dust. Blew it, but the issue is still reoccurring. I guess my best chance is restoring it.

Thanks again!

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Too late now, but it's better to use a brush. You still have the message?

Maybe a restore will fix it, who knows.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Where did you get that idea? As Aggie said, it seems most likely that you have a physical problem with your dock connector. Restoring isn't going to do anything for that.

6. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Restoring simply removes one of the variables...and it's not like it such a hassle to take the 10-15 minutes to do it.

7. JadedX03X thread starter macrumors newbie

It was one of the few solutions Apple support provided. And so I restored it, didn't work. Tomorrow I have an appointment with an apple consultant for a replacement.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

8. polkovnik macrumors newbie

Check for water damage. There is an indicator in the 30 pin connector housing, beneath the middle part. Check with a flashlight, ideally a xenon flashlight.

9. tbone00011 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4s does have water damage in the docking port, and now my phone thinks it is docked all the time (so I can't play music, adjust volume, etc.). Would deleting this help?