Deleting Duplicates

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tech198, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Is there a way within iTunes to only Show duplicates only ? and not the originals ?

Since the user must go through their huge music library to fine the ones if iTunes would display these duplicates only.

I've just wondering how to organize this ....? I guess "Same album" would be better wouldn't it ? Since not many same songs would be on same album (i dunno what Apple classifies an album..... a 2 disc set ? then it wouldn't work.

What's the best thing here do deal with duplicates ?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

I mean, it u see two copies of exactly the same version/song, then show exact duplicates, it would only show you have 1 duplicate. because u want to keep the original.

4. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

I don't believe anything built-in to iTunes will allow you to do this. The closest you'll get is the feature balamw highlighted above.

You'll have to go to a third-party solution. Something like Tune Sweeper or Dupe Away. These products will show duplicate copies of songs in your library, but unlike iTunes they will let you delete duplicates en masse, instead of one by one. I haven't used either product I referenced (or others of their ilk), so I can't make any recommendations. Some of these may have trial versions, so you can test them out.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

How do you or iTunes know which one of the duplicates is the "original"?

B

6. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

Good point... I never thought of that.