deleting e-mails within message not working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by andrewj, May 9, 2015.

1. andrewj macrumors member

Anyone having trouble deleting e-mails?

When viewing all messages, the swiping left process works.

However, once the e-mail message is open. I can hard press to delete, tap delete, but then when I tap the rectangular delete to confirm the deletion, nothing happens.

Anyone have a similar experience?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I just tested and it worked fine for me. Have you tried swiping left and deleting? Does that also not work for you?

3. andrewj thread starter macrumors member

Swiping left and deleting works fine. However, try deleting an e-mail after you've opened the message. That doesn't work for me.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

it it an actual iCloud email or something being forwarded to iCloud. I do not know if that would make a difference, but just trying to help. Have you also tried doing a hard reset on your phone and watch? Are any of the other choices working: mark unread/flag?

if nothing works I guess you can book a genius appointment, but my guess is they will have no idea and just do trial and error like you would at home.

5. andrewj thread starter macrumors member

Within a message, flagging, marking as unread works. Deleting does not.

This is with my Gmail and Exchange accounts.

Have already done a reset

Swiping left, trash, confirming trash works.

Anyone have similar experiences or has it been working fine?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

hmm I forward my gmail to icloud and it is working. One last question, do you have your iCloud set up to delete or archive messages? I wonder if you have it set to archive the delete button will not work. In your email app on your phone when you swipe left on a message are the choices more, flag, trash or more, flag, archive?

7. andrewj thread starter macrumors member

I actually am not using iCloud. These problems are with Exchange and with Gmail (non-iCloud).

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

gotcha. I wonder if it is b.c they are not iCloud accounts or being forwarded to an iCloud account. Hopefully someone else with a non-cloud account chimes in.

9. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I use exchange for work and outlook.com for my personal email. I can delete messages on both accounts with no problems.