Deleting/editing calendar items

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WestofYouLB, Oct 12, 2016.

1. WestofYouLB macrumors member

WestofYouLB

On my iPhone 6+ I tried using Google Calendar for a while, for comparison.

After a few months I removed it, but I think it's haunting me. When I try to delete or edit recurring items, after a few seconds the original version shows up on the "Today" screen. Nothing I have tried has succeeded in getting rid of the extra stuff I now have lying around, duplicating themselves.

Has anyone this experience and solved it? Thanks.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You've removed the link to Google Calendar from your Mail/Contacts and Calendars setting in the Settings App?

Have you deleted the calendar itself using a web browser at calendar.google.com?

3. WestofYouLB thread starter macrumors member

WestofYouLB

Hah. Most stuff doesn't seem to lead me there, but at your suggestion I see my default calendar is the Google calendar. Odd.

I wish to change that, but what to substitute isn't obvious to me. I'll try your second suggests and see where that leaves me. Don't want to lose my calendar data, of course.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If you have no other calendar options, such as Yahoo or Frux maybe, then the only other option is to use iCloud. In iCloud you would simply toggle the switch for Calendar. Then you can change the default calendar to 'On the Phone' or whatever Apple lists it as.

5. WestofYouLB thread starter macrumors member

WestofYouLB

Now I get it. It looks like ur suggestions solved my dilemma. Thanks very much. It was a real bother.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You're welcome!

I use Google for my contacts and calendars and not iCloud, so I've been around this situation a few times. :D