Deleting email messages from iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by muniyo, Feb 27, 2009.

1. muniyo macrumors newbie

I configured my corporate exchange account on my iPhone so I get my emails. It was working fine and one day it started having problem deleting emails. New emails arrives fine but when I delete emails from my outlook they are not getting deleted from iPhone. I tried to manually delete emails but I get a message that "Unable to Move Message. The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash"

I ended up removing exchange account and recreating it again. It worked fine for few days and now the same problem is back.

I did some research and found out that it is a know issue after iPhone software upgrade. I saw the recommonded solution to go to
    "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
    Specific email account which in this case my corporate exchange account
    and go to "Advance"

However, I don't have "Advance" option under my corporate exchnage account. I see "Advance" option under my gmail and yahoo account.

We have total 9 users with iPhone and only one iPhone is having this problem

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

2. bmull macrumors newbie

Me too

This just started happening to me yesterday. Did you find a solution?

3. muniyo thread starter macrumors newbie

no. I am still having the same issue. I called Apple but they were not able to help and have no clue about this.

4. patnshan macrumors newbie

I am also having issues deleting e-mails on my exchange and yahoo accounts, but on the phone itself. When I hit the garbage can on either phone, nothing happens. Any ideas? Sorry to hijack the thread, but it seems very similar..

Pat