Deleting Files?? NO WAY!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by infosjoerd, Nov 13, 2007.

1. infosjoerd macrumors newbie

They are kidding me,,,...

I was trying to install the new update 1.1.2 Then my iTunes crashed. Okay, no problem, so i just restart it. So i did. What happend? Now, iTunes want to delete all files on my ipod. Now i've got some REALY personal photo's only left on my ipod, and i DONT want to loose them.

So....does ANYBODY know a sollution?

Please dont come with jokes like, badluck etc.

Thnks in advance,

infsjoerd

2. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Personally, I will say restart it again, that's what I did when I used PC. But you'd better post an image of the situation, will be better to help because I have never met this before

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Left on there as in.. synced them to your iPod and then deleted them on your computer?

4. iLoveiPod macrumors regular

get ipod2mac and rip them off your ipod to your computer for safe keeping.

5. CrockettGTO macrumors regular

Not sure if this would work or not but thought I would throw it out there.
    If it is jailbroken you could SSH into the touch and navigate to the folder where they are stored and copy them manually from the touch to the PC/Mac.
    If not you could one touch jailbreak through wifi then SSH to them, then restore after they are backed up.
    I think that the new version of iTunes also makes a backup of the iPod (not sure what it exactly backs up though) just like it does for the iPhone, possibly look into that as an avenue as well.
    Good luck

I also remember a software package I used to have for an older ipod called anapod explorer which worked great. Not sure if it works with the touch or not but has a few packages, like photo backup, etc.
    http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/