Deleting Folder Problems!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Confuzzeled23, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I am in my first week with my new Macbook and my first try at Mac OS X. I am having some strange problem though, I don't know if it is normal behaviour. I have used my ipod to copy some files and folders from my Windows PC over to my mac. However, now when I go into my iPod and I want to delete it off the HD of my iPod, it asks for my password, the details say something about "com.apple.desktop", or something along those lines. I put in my password, it accepts the password. However, the folders and files on my ipod are not deleted after asking for my password. I try to delete again, and it does the same process all over again. Each time, not deleting these files and folders.

I hope someone can tell me what is going on, and I appreciate any help.
    Thanks.:apple:

2. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

I'm not 100% sure, but it might be because the iPod is still formatted for windows. Also, try it again, and then instantly empty the trashcan, see if that might help.

3. om3ga macrumors newbie

You might need to change the permissions for the IPOD. maybe is "Read Only". You can also wipe out the whole thing by opening Itunes and Synchronizing the ipod. :D

4. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

yes, I also recommend syncing through itunes to accomplish this.