iPad Deleting iCloud from iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bro4dhead, Jun 25, 2013.

1. bro4dhead macrumors member

hi

For some reason contacts i have added to my iPad are not syncing with iCloud or my iPhone.

If i delete the iCloud account from the iPad will the contacts remain on the iPad.

I want to try deleting and re adding to see if this makes it sync.

Thanks for any help

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Go into setting > iCloud and turn contacts off. It should pop up and ask if you wish to delete them from your iPad or keep them. Select delete.

Now check there gone. If they haven't double check the slider is off and manually delete them. Once that's done reboot the device and turn the slider back on.

When adding a contact in the future try to make sure your connected to the Internet. If you add one then power the device off before the sync occurs it can cause issues

3. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

If you have multiple e-mail accts on your iPad, you need to ensure that the iCloud one is the default; added contacts go to the default account.

4. bro4dhead thread starter macrumors member

The problem I have is I have added more contacts on my ipad which haven't synced with icloud, so the icloud account has less contacts than the iPad does.

If i delete iCloud and re add do you think it will fix it? Will contacts stay on the iPad if I delete it?

Thanks

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Ok then when you remove the account click to keep them on your iPad. Do the reboot then when you add the iCloud account and it'll pop up an ask if you want to merge the contacts. Click yes

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Go into your contacts app, make sure you are on the name list screen.
    Do you see the word accounts in the upper left. If you do then you have more than one service syncing contacts. This means contacts linked to the other accounts won't be seen by iCloud. They will remain with the service they started with unless you turn off syncing by that service. Some of which will let you keep the contacts on the device, others like Exchange will not (this is part of the security protocols for Exchange)

Once you turn off the yahoo, hotmail, whatever you'll have two 'accounts' -- iCloud and 'on my iPhone.' Then you can turn off iCloud contacts, keep those contacts and turn it back on and it will merge the 'on my iPhone' (which now has all your contacts) with iCloud.

If one of the other services like say hotmail doesn't give you a keep/delete option you can cancel turning it off, go to that accounts screen and uncheck all other accounts to isolate what is just from hotmail and 'share contact' to email the cards to yourself for reentry in between turning off and back on iCloud. You'll have to do it one at a time but its better than retyping them. One day hopefully iOS will let us just change accounts on the fly like you can change calendars