deleting images from finder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by flyby2, Apr 29, 2015.

1. flyby2 macrumors newbie

i am not very experienced with using a mac so will need explanation very basic.
    I am wanting to permanently delete images from finder where it says all images. I try to delete each photo and it says it has gone to trash but it doesnt remove from the list in images and stays there. I thought by importing them to iphoto and deleting them from there that would do it but they are still on the mac. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

All Images is not a folder. It contains the results of searching your computer for all images in all folders. When you move images from one folder to another, they still appear in the All Images search results. The same is true if you move an image to the Trash, unless you also empty the Trash.

3. flyby2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did empty the trash but photo are still showing

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Where does it show they are?

5. flyby2 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, I mean right-click on one of the images and "Get Info" to see the file path of that image, so you will know where it's located.

7. flyby2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Some are images from iTunes album covers and some are images of a DVD I thought I had deleted . Some say library

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Again, the All Images will show images on your Mac, wherever they may be located. You don't have to worry about images being there. Unless you have a particular need for it, you're better off just removing "All Images" from the Finder sidebar, so you won't obsess about it.