Deleting imovies

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by genegenie80, Feb 4, 2015.

1. genegenie80 macrumors newbie

I have made three videos using iMovie which I have now shared on youtube. The projects are eating up way too much space, and as they are uploaded I would like to delete them totally from my computer. I am unsure if deleting them will also delete them from youtube, or if the uploaded youtube video is now its own entity, so to speak. Your advice is welcome, as I would like to clear up my computer. Thanks

2. motrek macrumors 68020

If the videos are on YouTube then they are definitely entirely with Google now. It's not like people need to access your computer when they play a YouTube video. (Have you ever not been able to play a YouTube video because somebody's computer is turned off?)

I would be surprised if deleting the iMovie file would delete the video from YouTube but a quick thing you can do is rename the file in the Finder instead of delete it and see if that has any undesired effects first.

3. genegenie80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you - I thought as much - have deleted them off the computer and all seems fine. My computer can breathe again!