Deleting iPad calendar entries

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by catrover6, Apr 18, 2011.

1. catrover6 macrumors newbie

I am having a problem deleting all my calendar entries, every time I delete one, it comes back as a duplicate, I try to delete them again and it adds another duplicate. HELP what can I do, I don't want to restore to factory settings as I have Purchases and new Apps I added on. Oh BTW this is the calendar that came on the iPad. I did a sync and it just updated the software. does anyone have a solution, before I go crazy. I have important info in my calendar. Thanks Kathy

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Do you have MobileMe setup to sync your Calendar, contacts, etc? If so you must disable syncing these items in iTunes when your iPad is connected to your computer. This is often the cause of multiple entries of the same event in Calendar. The same would apply to your contacts - if they are set to sync via MobileMe AND in your iTunes setup, duplicates will abound.

If you are indeed a MobileMe member, see my post here for resetting your device:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1136267&highlight=