Deleting iPhone Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rscott505, Jul 12, 2008.

1. rscott505 macrumors member

I apologize if this has been addressed in other posts, but I could not find the answer to this after searching the forums for a while.

I upgraded the firmware on my first generation iPhone to 2.0.

Now on my MBP, there is less hard drive space than before I started the upgrade. The amount used is the same amount as was on my iPhone.

I understand an iPhone backup was created during the firmware upgrade (not sure why since all the data was contained on my MBP to begin with).

Well, since hard drive space is somewhat limited on my MBP, I would like to delete the iPhone backup. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find it on the hard drive. Even using spotlight.

If anyone can direct me to where the iPhone backup is stored so I can delete it, I would really appreciate.

Thanks.

R

2. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

the list of your backups with a button to remove them on under itunes -> preferences -> syncing.

3. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Updated:

Open iTunes
    Select iTunes > Preferences > Devices

Device backups will be listed. Select and delete.

4. leftymo macrumors newbie

What if your iphone isn't listed in that menu? ITunes recommends that I delete a backup that doesn't even show up!

I can't update to 4.2 OS...