Deleting iPhoto videos in iMovies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by raheller5, Feb 29, 2012.

1. raheller5 macrumors newbie

imported videos from iPhone thru iPhoto. They went into iPhoto and into a folder in iMovie named iPhoto Videos. When we "rejected" some of these clips from iPhoto Videos they went to the "Rejected Clips Folder". We cannot remove them from here -- they will not reject. Others clips from other event folders will reject and also reject from "Reject Clips Folder". Any help on cleaning out the stubborn clips form iPhoto Videos?

2. ObuckiO macrumors regular

You can try this method i use to delete rejected clips, but it seems your doing the same thing i do other than "Reveal in Finder"..

I've tested & use one suggestion relating to Revealing the Clip in the Finder. Try this:
    Right click on clip you don't want, and click "reject entire clip"
    Go to the Reject Clips by clicking on the pulldown menu at the bottom where it says Show: (choose Rejected Clips Only). Then <CTRL> click or move rejected to trash....( on on of the red striped thumbnails choose Reveal in Finder. When the Finder window launches, your clip will be highlighted. Select it and drag it to the trash.

Quit iMovie, then relaunch it and go back to the Show: (Rejected Clips Only) see if that clip is now missing from the list of Rejected Clips. If this works and your Project file still plays back successfully I would say it's safe to continue deleting as needed. But if you have some problems and the Project has been affected there might be another reason you cannot delete the clips.
    Hope this helps.