Deleting iPhotos from Time Machine

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by austinbobbo, Jun 13, 2010.

1. austinbobbo macrumors newbie

Ok, not to get too personal- but hopefully my mac peeps will REALLY understand my situation. Ok, so was married, came home early from biz trip- and wee wifey (ex, and no kids- THANK GOD) is in bed with next door neighbor. Divorcee done, and low and behold, all these photos of her on my Time Machine iPhoto back-up.

How do I delete iPhotos in Time Machine? GRRRR! Help!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It'd be easier to just reformat the TM drive and start fresh (assuming you already removed the photos from iPhoto).

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Open Finder window, select the TM HDD, go to the Backups.backupdb folder, select your user name (account name and name of home folder), select the latest backup folder, go to your Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Photos / iPhoto folder and delete either the iPhoto Library file or try to open the package via right clicking on the iPhoto Library file and selecting SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS and then browsing to the photos yourself.

The user in this image is called "Kalle", like Macintosh HD / Users / Kalle / ... or Backups.backupdb / Kalle / ....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. austinbobbo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Spinner- I got to all the layers, and found the archives- but I am getting a prompt that states that "Operation cannot be performed because backup data cannot be modified" :(:(