Deleting items from Cydia Packages

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Brandn, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Brandn macrumors newbie

Out of this list, what can I delete? I know certain things get added when you download a tweak or app from Cydia package list, but I am not sure what some of the extra stuff is. Since I am not sure, I'm wondering what I can delete and what I shouldn't delete.

Thanks,
    Brandon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. iBar Guest

Not really sure I understand the question...But it doesn't look like you have alot of "extra" stuff. Just the tweaks you want...

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you dont know then leave it alone.
    If you go around removing packages that you dont know what they do or what they came bundled with then you're looking for trouble.
    Just remove packages that you dont want or use much.
    If you start removing things like mobilesubstrate or other unknown addons installed you might get stuck having to restore.

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Read the descriptions of the packages. If it sounds like something you would have chosen to install, you can try to remove it. If it sounds strange, leave it alone.

And be prepared to restore if things go horribly wrong :)

5. kokhean macrumors regular

Uninstalling MobileSubstrate doesn't affect anything at all. It only uninstalls the packages with MobileSubstrate as a dependency.

6. The New iPad macrumors regular

This isn't quite right. If you uninstall something that requires something else to work, they both will be uninstalled. Saurik knew what he was doing.

7. kokhean macrumors regular

If you uninstall something that requires something else to work, they both will be uninstalled. Saurik knew what he was doing.

Uh, I think this is probably just an error that you accidentally made, but what your sentence says that uninstalling a package with dependencies will uninstall the package and the dependencies :p

It's uninstalling the dependency that uninstalls the package that uses it, and that doesn't even uninstall the other dependencies.

8. The New iPad macrumors regular

I worded my statement badly but yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying.