Deleting iTunes Downloads in Progress

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by indiansfan191, Nov 9, 2008.

1. indiansfan191 macrumors newbie

I recently received a download code for 4 NBC tv shows from the iTunes store. After I started the download I realized that it is content I am not interested in, and thus I do not want to download it. Every time I start a download from iTunes, the four TV shows start to download. I always stop the downloads and delete them from the list, but they show up the next time.

In the past my only solution was to download the entire thing and then delete them, but I think there must be a better way. They are big files and I don't want to download them all.

Any recommendations for clearing/deleting unwanted downloads from iTunes?

2. Kevin L. macrumors member

Ya, I'm having the same problem. Downloaded all those free tv shows but don't want all the HD versions clogging up my hard drive. They never go away! I found a thread on Apple's pages but the only advise was to contact iTunes and ask them to manually remove them. I can't believe this is the only way!

3. Kevin L. macrumors member

Anybody out there have an idea for a solution! I keep manually deleting these unwanted HD downloads but to no avail; they always pop-up the next time I download something.