Deleting messages from the Apple Watch.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ToverT, Apr 28, 2015.

1. ToverT macrumors member

How do I delete iMessages off of my watch. I have deleted them off of my iPhone and off my MacAir, but they continue to show on my watch. Force pressing on the message does not produce a delete icon???

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

2. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Swipe left on the conversation and click delete

3. ToverT thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!!! That certainly worked! I had a whole lot of messages to delete :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. wepiii macrumors 6502

pretty sad thought that they aren't all synced. I really don't understand why that isn't possible

5. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

If you delete something on your iPad or iMac it doesn't delete in your iPhone either

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I really hate the Apple Watch message delete animation. I swipe it away then press delete. Visually it should be gone for good. BUT it comes back for the confirm delete screen :mad: I really hate that.

7. shandyman Suspended

Exactly this. No idea why Apple made it that way though.

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

well

well, it does and it doesn't.. for any IMAP type of mail client and mail setup, once you delete something on one device, and trash it, it gets deleted on the server, and other devices when they sync it's gone.

It doesn't seem like the AW is setup that way though, although it should just work like the phone does.

9. shandyman Suspended

We're talking about iMessages. Not email.

10. tivoboy macrumors 68030

duh..

so much for me replying on my Apple Watch ;-)

11. wepiii macrumors 6502

I know, I don't like that either. I guess you are right though, my complaint is more with iOS than the watch.

12. PAdams2359 macrumors newbie

I guess I am the only one that likes this feature. I get messages dealing with work, etc. I don't like keeping things in inboxes, on devices. If I am off, I can scan through it, see it is not a priority, and delete it to view when I get back to work. Email in the Blackberry world use to work like this, and I liked it. Now, if you delete an email from your phone, it is also gone in Outlook.

13. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I am with you -- each of my devices I use for different purposes, and I delete the unwanted messages from them each according to different rules. My phone holds everything for reference, I would hate it if I had to see everything on all devices just to have one master copy on my phone...

14. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

I see your point, but I would like the option of both worlds and have the ability to sync my deletes too.

15. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I'm actually glad they're not synced like that. I don't delete any of my text messages (still have them accumulated from 3-4 phones back) as sometimes it's interesting to go back and read them. However, they do take up space. Space which is rather limited on the watch, and I have no desire to have every single text message on my watch. I like that I can delete them from the watch, but they're still in my "main" location (my phone).