Deleting Multiple E-Mails from iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fabienne, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

How do you delete multiple e-mails from iTouch, or can you? I have an iTouch and I get a lot of e-mails every day (I own an internet based business) and I wanted to know how to delete batches of them, or am I condemned to sit there and knock each one off as they appear? Thanks for your help on this, I have looked up the answer and Googled and RTFM but have not found the answer if there is one.

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

If you have any firmware that is 2.0 or higher you can tap the edit button and then select numerous emails that you want to delete or move. Then just simply click the delete button.

3. Fabienne thread starter macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Argggh! Oh! yesss. That works great. I suppose that I thought 'Edit" meant more like "Edit the message (s)" and it does mean that, as delete is an extreme form of editing. And I also see that what I feared most is not going to happen: the iTouch only shows the last 50 e-mails which have come in. That means that if I have 500 e-mails on my server they will not actually be going into my iTouch, right? I will not be clogging up my memory with spams and stuff unless I file them on the iTouch. If I am wrong about that, please say so.

I have to say that I am thrilled and now a bit spoiled by the iTouch. The only thing I would want on it would be the ability to use it as a hard drive/flash drive to take info back and forth from my office BUT that is why there are flash drives (costing very little any more) and there are virtues in having separate devices, too.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my beginner question.