Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPod touch Deleting music from ipod

Davycrocket825

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2018
East Sussex
I have a 5th generation iPod touch I don't use and want to delete my music on it I have music on my Mac if I delete it from.my iPod does it delete it from my Mac ?

chscag

Contributor
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
No, removing the music on your iPod Touch does not affect what you have on your Mac. The easiest way to remove everything on the Touch is to reset it. (If that's what you really want to do.)

Reactions: Sword86
Comment

Davycrocket825

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2018
East Sussex
No, removing the music on your iPod Touch does not affect what you have on your Mac. The easiest way to remove everything on the Touch is to reset it. (If that's what you really want to do.)
Thanks I can’t work out what my capacity of my iPod is ?

Comment

Davycrocket825

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2018
East Sussex
Yes I failed to resolve this when I go to settings about there are 2 lines of capacity used and availability ? I want to sell it in as I hardly use it.

Comment

retta283

macrumors 68030
Jun 8, 2018
Victoria, British Columbia
It says your iPod is a 32GB when I look that model up on Google. There is no way that wiping the iPod clean will remove the music on your Mac, if they are files on the Mac it cannot tamper with those, and if you purchased them on iTunes they will still be there to redownload.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.