Deleting network profile

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JForestZ34, Jan 5, 2008.

1. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I can't seem to get rid of a network profile that I have saved. I had it so my MBP would have the internet with the password, but for some reason everytime the router was reset my MBP would not connect to the internet. It would say could not connect to the internet through jim's and toni's connect Is there a way to delete and network profile in the system.. It seems like it's trying to connect to the one with the password but yet I don't have the password enabled on the router.. I went into networks and hit the minus sign on the one that has my connect on it but yet it still has a problem connecting to anything with security on it and I even am the one that set the security and put the password in and everything but yet it still won't connect.. What am I doing wrong..??????

James

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you mean a network location? If so, you should be able to edit the list from the Network pane of System Preferences.

3. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

delete

I've tried that and that hasn't helped at all.. I've tried everything I know how to try to get this deleted.. It wants to sign into the one with the password and not the other one..

James

4. Kelly™ macrumors regular

Taken from: http://www.net.princeton.edu/mac/network-config-x/ under about network locations.