Deleting old Bluetooth devices iMac 5K

Discussion in 'iMac' started by drmsa, Nov 28, 2015.

1. drmsa macrumors newbie

drmsa

hi there. Had to restore my iMac from a time machine backup to my latest iMac 5K which came with the new keyboard and Magic Mouse 2. However following the restore its also brought in details of my old keyboard and mouse in the Bluetooth profiles of all the devices.
    I am simply not able to delete those Bluetooth profiles. Any help in getting rid of them would really be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Can't remember how I did it, but its possible. But be careful, the prob I had was i did it accidentally and now its impossible for my mac to recognize a blue tooth device I wish it would.

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

are you saying you tried going to System Preferences and clicked Bluetooth and clicked on the other bluetooth items and pressed the x or the delete key? you can also rename them there if thats what you're looking for.

4. drmsa thread starter macrumors newbie

drmsa

Absolutely correct. As soon as I click on the 'x' it's starts to search for that particular device again.

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

try clicking on it directly and just pressing the delete key. it should ask if you want to remove it.

6. drmsa thread starter macrumors newbie

drmsa

Unfortunately it starts searching for it again, when doing that!