Deleting (or I'm not sure "unmounting") difficulties

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by daddy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. daddy macrumors member

I am still "friggin" around trying to share files with a PC (XP). Today I ended up with some doubles and I can't seem to delete them. They are in finder > go >computer. This produces a "devices" list and in that list is an icon for my computer(with its name) and clicking on that produces a list of named icons. Here is where I have doubles of the named icons. I have not been able to delete one of the pairs. How do you do this? Thanks for any assistance.

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Can you post what you did more exactly. I have no idea what the problem is.

3. daddy thread starter macrumors member

I am not sure I can but basically in trying to share files from the PC I ended up with double listings for the shared folders. The list is shown when I click on my computer icon in the "devices". It is here the double for the shared files appear. I would like to delete one of the double listing but "eject" doesn't work and "cut" is not an option. Hope this is clearer but if not please advise what it is you need to know. Thanks

4. daddy thread starter macrumors member

It is amazing to learn new things. I didn't know you could "screenshot" with the Mac, but I got that figured out. Thanks for "pushing me" to new things. It is now on my desktop but I need to know how to get it into this forum "post reply". Please help.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Use the Attach Files option

6. daddy thread starter macrumors member

http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/attach/png.gif

Don't know if I got this right, trying to attach an image on my desktop to this reply. If not please advise how I need to do it. If it's there then what I am trying to do is to remove the duplicate entries from the screen shown. Please advise how to do that. Thanks

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the attachment didnt work ;). when you reply click the paperclip icon and in the new window click choose file. in the open window that blinds out choose your screenshot image which is usually on your desktop and then click upload then close window once its uploaded.

or you can upload the picture to a image hosting site such as photobucket or flickr and copy and paste the image URL. make sure you resize the screenshot to < 1000 pixels though

8. daddy thread starter macrumors member

OK, sorry to be such a clutz at this stuff, but was not able to figure out how to "attach". I got as far as getting the screen image to come into the "URL" line but was not able to get the picture into the reply note. I would appreciate advice (hopefully step by step) on how to post the picture to the reply note. Hopefully this doesn't tax your patience too much. Thanks.

9. daddy thread starter macrumors member

Not sure what happened. I know there was a reply to my last post, and I also put in a reply but they don't show up here!! Will try this one, but again if you could supply the "step by step" to attach the desk top image to a reply that would be of great help to me. Thanks

10. daddy thread starter macrumors member

Followed steps as above, but I don't see the "screenshot" here. Will post but try again later if not correctly done.

Attached Files:

11. daddy thread starter macrumors member

Well I see that the picture did come thru. So what I was asking was how to remove the double entries from this screen shown. Namely (1) of the (2) Mac and (1) of the (2) Shared Doc items. Thanks for any advice.