Deleting Photo Stream folder from iPhone Photos

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ttttaylor, Feb 26, 2012.

1. ttttaylor macrumors regular

I turned on Photo Stream with my iPhone and in iPhoto. I took a photo with my phone, didn't show up in the Photo Stream album or in iPhoto. Dragged a photo from iPhoto into Photo Stream, and it didn't show up on my phone.

So, I said "oh well" and turned Photo Stream off in iPhoto and my iPhone, then reset my Photo Stream on the iCloud website.

Now, I still have the Photo Stream album on my iPhone. When I take photos, they don't show up in the empty Photo Stream album. I've checked and triple checked that Photo Stream is off. I've powered down and up, hard reboot, etc.

I really don't want to have to wipe my phone just to get rid of this empty album. I'm a little annoyed. :(

Anybody know how to get rid of this?

2. Leach19m macrumors newbie

Try toggling it on and back off again. My photo stream folder deleted itself once I turned it off...you may have just confused it?

3. ttttaylor thread starter macrumors regular

unfortunately, i've tried that twice now with no luck. :(

4. ttttaylor thread starter macrumors regular

well, i tried turning it on again today after the folder still wouldn't go away. and now photo stream seems to be working for me. i guess i'd rather use the feature than have useless remnants of it on my phone.

but maybe this thread can be of use for others who want to delete this folder and can't. hell, i'll probably end up being one of those people at some point again.