Deleting Photos and Photo Stream

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chumps52, Nov 4, 2013.

1. chumps52 macrumors regular

In some of the betas, when you deleted a photo from your camera roll it also deleted it automatically from your photo stream.... I was just wondering whether this had been removed? It doesn't seem to happen for me any more :/ it used to say "deleting this photo from your camera roll will also remove it from photo stream on all your devices" (or something similar)

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

That was never the case, even in the betas (and would defeat the purpose of photo stream to begin with).

The message you're thinking of still exists in the place it always has, when deleting a photo from your photostream, where it will then say "This photo will also be deleted from Photo Stream on all your devices."

3. chumps52 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks for this... I am probably just getting confused around the new Photos.app layout... Still trying to get used to it ;)

4. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

You mean this message? Still comes up on mine.

Attached Files:

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You are correct. My apologies, OP. Appears I was mistaken :confused:

6. chumps52 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes! Haha I thought I was going crazy xD... If anyone knows if this is a setting or something please let me know ;)
    It's just annoying having to delete the same photo twice haha... Just checked and it definitely isn't doing it for me anymore :/

7. chumps52 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah I've got it;
    If you go into "Photos" on the bottom left, and then delete it, it also deletes it from Photo Stream, but if you go into Albums, then Camera Roll, it will only delete it 'locally'.

This was probably pretty obvious to most people, but if you're like me and didn't know, now you do ;)