Deleting photos, downloading contacts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mcgurk1000, Dec 15, 2008.

1. mcgurk1000 macrumors newbie

Am just getting into my new iTouch unit and have a couple of questions:

1. How can I delete photos that I downloaded to the iTouch?

2. How can I import contacts from my Palm Treo that is not backed up on a computer?

3. How can I delete applications that I don't use?

Thanks,

J.M.

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

1. Delete a photo by going into the photos app, choose the album that contains the photo, then select the photo. once you are viewing the photo, there is a trash can at the bottom right. hit that, and it will be erased.

2. I'm sure there is some way, but i'm not aware of any way of doing that without having them on a computer or apples mobileme service.

3. To delete an application, hold down an app icon for roughly 3 seconds till the icons start to "wiggle". an x will appear on the apps you can delete (the main apps can't be delted, such as mail, calendar, youtube, etc.). hit the x, confirm you want to delete it, and it will go away.

3. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

For photo's that you uploaded from your computer and synced with iTunes, there won't be a trash can to delete them. You'll have to remove them from the folder that they are in on your pc/mac, then sync again. They will be removed from your ipod.

4. mcgurk1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Seems that iTunes doesn't list Photos on the contents.

Odd that Apple wouldn't include a way to add / remove images through either the iTouch or on the supporting software.

J.