Deleting photos from camera roll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scooter2525, Feb 17, 2011.

1. scooter2525 macrumors member

I have a few hundred pictures from my 3GS that I don't want on my 4 (wanted to start out with a new library) but they keep popping up. I've:

-deleted them manually from camera roll
    -used image capture and told it to delete after import
    -used iphone and same as above
    -used iphonedisk and phoneview programs to go in and manually delete them

Nothing gets rid of the pics. They keep showing up.

What I did a year ago, was with my jailbroken 3gs, I went to restore from a backup, but used an older backup that didn't have those few hundered pictures, so I tried to manually upload them from my MBP to the iPhone in hopes of adding them to my camera roll. But they never showed up. Until now, it seems. And I want them gone. LOL. Help!!!

2. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Just set the phone up as a new phone instead of restoring from a backup.

3. scooter2525 thread starter macrumors member

Thought about that, but I would loose texts, apps saved data, etc.

4. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Well, delete all the pictures off your phone from your phone and then create a backup off iTunes and restore from it.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure the folder where your pictures are backed up is set to sync in iTunes. Disable that and sync and then re-enable it later.

6. scooter2525 thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I just finished doing the manual delete, backup and restore. Still there. itunes isn't set to sync any pics to my iphone.

7. scooter2525 thread starter macrumors member

is their anyway to backup text messages and sync them instead of restoring them?

8. EvilSmiley macrumors member

EvilSmiley

I am not sure if it works, but un install your itunes, reinstall an older version. Then delete all the pics, sync the phone with the itunes,de activate your iphone authorization on ur current itunes. Then sync the Iphone 4. I think there is a very good possiblity that this could work.

9. scooter2525 thread starter macrumors member

Appreciate the advice, but a little more confidence would maybe convince me to go through all that trouble.

10. EvilSmiley macrumors member

EvilSmiley

Hey, I would have garunteed if you were a pc user. I have never used a mac B4, but am an ardent fan of APPLE. Planning to get a MBP aftr March:rolleyes:. Well logically this should work.

11. scooter2525 thread starter macrumors member

I ended up just jailbreaking it, found the actual pictures and deleted them. problem solved.