Deleting photos. Help.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by james1758, Mar 17, 2015.

1. james1758 macrumors regular

james1758

Prior to upgrading to the new Photos app I went through and sorted out my iPhoto library (it'd been a while!). I deleted a load of pictures and tidied some things up.

However, I noticed at the time that none of those pictures I deleted in iPhoto had been deleted on my iPhone. So I have one perfect photo library on my mac, whilst the one on my phone is out of date, with unwanted photos.

After upgrading to Photos it all looks great on my Mac... but I synced Photos with iTunes and the unwanted photos are STILL on my iPhone. Maybe I'm missing a trick here but I simply want my 'master' Photos library (on my mac) to be replicated on my iPhone.
    Until they're matching I don't want to turn on iCloud Photos beta incase it screws up the Photos library on my mac by putting unwanted photos from my iPhone in there.

I thought either I can completely overwrite the Photos on my iPhone with those from Photos Mac (no idea how) or I can somehow figure out how to have the unwanted photos on my phone automatically delete?? (Which I thought would have been the case anyways?!)

Help please,
    James. :)

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

There is syncing Photos (the folder on your Mac) with your iPhone versus syncing iPhoto (the photo app on your mac) with your phone. Check iTunes to see how yours is set up. It sounds like you'd prefer to sync with iPhoto. That should solve the discrepancy.

3. james1758 thread starter macrumors regular

james1758

I was syncing through iTunes with the new 'Photos' app (used to be the 'iPhoto' app). The problem is my unwanted photos are still on my phone, they aren't deleting, or being overwritten, when I sync through iTunes with the 'Photos' app. (Was the same with iPhoto, this isn't a Photos bug (I don't think))

4. james1758 thread starter macrumors regular

james1758

Anyone? I just simply want the pictures I deleted from my 'Photos' app to delete from my iPhone as well

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Are the rogue Photos in the Camera Roll on your iPhone?

6. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

You certainly have to take into consideration that you're using a beta product.