Deleting photos in Aperture doesn't delete the file

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ja Di ksw, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I looked at a photo from Aperture within the finder, then deleted it in Aperture (and emptied Aperture trash), and the photo is still in finder! Can I not delete a file from within the application?

2. guy curlewis macrumors member

Hi

Go to file

Delete master and all versions will delete it to the trash and then empty the trash

Hope this helps

3. eleuteriafree macrumors newbie

Help!!

By mistake I deleted photos from aperture and they are not even in trash!! what can i do? are they gone forever? plz help

4. jb-101 macrumors newbie

previews

I have deleted photos in Aperture but the previews still exist and come up on my screen saver. How can I get rid of them since I no longer see them in Aperture?

Thanks!

5. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

Do you guys use the 'delete original image and all versions' when deleting photos ? That should clear everything.

Another thing is just switch of previews in preferences-I personally have previews turned off.

6. gusnyc macrumors 6502

How to clean up?

Is there a way to clean up all the old previews/versions? I haven't been using "delete original image and all versions". I think the previews are still in the Aperture library.

Also, Aperture is really slow. Very frequently when I am browsing my pictures I get a "loading" pop up and I have to wait a few seconds until I can see the image. I am using the latest rMBP with 16Gb of RAM.

Thanks for the advice.

Gus