Deleting photos

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by garyjcarr, Oct 7, 2010.

1. garyjcarr macrumors member

garyjcarr

I broke my ankle last week so I have nothing but time to spend on my Mac. I am getting more and more into photoshop and working with layers. As this adds a lot of memory I figured this was a good time to 'clean up' my computer. I want to get all my photos off my computer and store them on an external hard drive(s). I have all my NEFS stored on a a separate internal hard drive. I collected all the images and deleted copies and filed them in separate folders depending on how they were 'saved'. My question is when I clicked on the 'house' and clicked Downloads it shows tons of images. The folders are still on my desktop as I have not as yet put them on an external hard drive. Would it be safe to delete all these images in my Downloads folder or could these images be the ones I have stored in folders as well?
    Thanks.

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

pretty sure what's in the downloads folder is separate. just get info for both files and make sure that each one resides in its own place.

3. SkyNite macrumors member

Mr Kram is right; those should not be the same images. Personally, I would quickly scan those photos in your Downloads folder in cover flow view just to make sure there's nothing unique there, prior to deleting them.