Deleting Playlists In iPhone Deletes Playlists in iTunes!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Caliber26, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Ever since I got the iPhone 4S I noticed that the songs in my playlists had been synced but were displayed in reverse order. The playlists in my iTunes are sorted from newest to oldest (newest at the top) but for some reason (maybe a bug?) I kept getting the oldest ones at the top, in the playlists on my phone.

So, I had an epiphany and I remembered that playlists can now be edited/added/deleted on the iPhone. I deleted them in my Music App, thinking that when I synced with iTunes once again the playlists would be synced as well and, hopefully, in the order that they appear in iTunes. Instead, when I plugged my iPhone and it started syncing, it deleted the playlists in my iTunes!

Does anyone know if this was supposed to happen? I figured, if anything, iTunes would dictate what appears on my iPhone, not the other way around. Is there any possible way for me to restore these playlists?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The iPhone is synced, so whatever you do to one will happen on the other.

If you want to stop this from happening you need to manually manage your music and videos.

3. Caliber26 thread starter macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Is there a possible way those playlists can be restored?