Deleting Plug-Ins from Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by randomusername, Aug 3, 2009.

1. randomusername macrumors 6502

I downloaded TabExposé and Inquisitor not too long ago but after a few days I really wanted to delete them. I tried resetting Safari and that didn't work. I tried looking in my InternetPlugins folder to see if I could delete them from there but that wouldn't work. I've searched all over the internet and haven't found an answer. Does anyone know how to uninstall downloaded plugins from Safari?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Every user has two Internet Plugins folders. There is one in your global Library, /Library/Internet Plug-ins/, and another in your home directory's (your user account's) Library, ~/Library/Internet Plug-ins/. The contents of the former are available to all users. The contents of the latter are available only to you.

3. Jonathan_W macrumors member

Have you tried checking the InputManagers folder inside the global Library folder? :)

4. randomusername thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. I found it. But now it won't let me empty it from my trash, saying it's still in use, even when every app is closed.

I know that. I had already looked in both and couldn't find the plugins in there. Sorry for not already stating that.

5. ikos macrumors regular