Deleting Podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cammunicator, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Cammunicator macrumors newbie

I have the 2.2 update.
    I started using the "delete" feature on the touch to get rid of podcasts I'd listened to. I thought that because I "deleted" the podcast, it wouldn't be copied back to the touch the next time I sync'd, but that appears to be the case.
    Does this mean, one has to "delete" (mark as not new) the podcast on the PC, so it won't be copied back to the touch next sync? If that's the case, why? Shouldn't the sync handshake take of this?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, your iPod replicates what is in your iTunes library (if you set it to automatically sync).

When you connect your iPod next, open the summary page (the white one with the image of your iPod at the top and the multi-coloured bar at the bottom representing the different things on the iPod). Open the 'Podcasts' tab at the top of this page, and select "Sync all unplayed episodes".

If you stop deleting them straight from the iPod itself after applying that setting, they'll be removed next time you sync anyway.

3. Cammunicator thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "delete" feature added for podcasts with the 2.2 update? Regardless, why would we want to delete a podcast when we can have it deleted automatically next time we sync?

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Nah, it was added quite a while ago.

5. mpshay macrumors 6502

I only use the ipod delete for podcasts I directly downloaded over wifi (as apposed to the ones I get from an iTunes sync)