Deleting post on twitter from iphone

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by arnieterm, May 18, 2009.

1. arnieterm macrumors regular

I am be able to post a message on twitter site from within my iphone application and also getting the id of the posted message
    I have also to implement a process where when user touches a button then I need to delete the post on twitter using the ID of the message received previously
    Can anybody tell me how to do this?
    I am using NSMutableURLRequest to send request to twitter site

Also one more thing I have noticed that event if I specify my application name in the request to send still then I always see
    "from web "in the source [on twitter site] that indicates from where the current message comes from
    The code snippet that specifies source is as given below
    Code:
    NSString *body = [NSString stringWithFormat: @"source=MyAppName&status=%@", tweetMsg];

Any idea?
    Thanks

2. jnic macrumors 6502a

3. Peter Maurer macrumors member

Read this and follow the link to the Twitter FAQ that's in there. Short answer: The "from" parameter will not work for those who are new to this game.

BTW, from my experience, the Twitter FAQ are very helpful in a lot of regards, so it's a good idea to check them whenever you have this kind of question. :) Oh, and there's also a Twitter API mailing list where this very question has actually been asked repeatedly.

4. arnieterm thread starter macrumors regular

According to the FAQ, I have registered an application [my iphone application] that will send messages to the twitter with the below given details
    Application Type: Client
    Default Access: Read & Write
    User Twitter for Login: Yes
    I replaced the Application Name entered in the registration with my app name and that very same app name I am passing in the "source=myappname" but it still continues to show up
    "from web"
    What more things I am missing?
    Thanks
    Arnieterm

5. arnieterm thread starter macrumors regular

Does anybody know whats going wrong with me when it comes to
    source= [my app] setting. I am still getting "from web" though I am successful in deleting an existing post
    Still helpless with regards to the source parameter.
    Thanks
    Arnieterm

6. lonniepaiz macrumors newbie

I completely agree with Peter..I also think so..That can help you..