Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I have MS Office 2004 and don't need to use Appleworks. How do I completly get rid of it? Same goes for Garageband. Also, if for some reason I need them back, can I reinstall them off of the disks that came with my iBook? Thanks.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sure you can delete them. Just drag them to the trash. Garageband leaves a few files lying around the place so maybe do a quick search for the two apps (AppleWorks and Garageband) in Spotlight to get rid of absolutely everything.

Then, if ever you need to reinstall them, you can just get them from your Restore DVD/CD but you have to use a special program to be able to read the package contents. It's called Pacifist.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
mad jew said:
Sure you can delete them. Just drag them to the trash. Garageband leaves a few files lying around the place so maybe do a quick search for the two apps (AppleWorks and Garageband) in Spotlight to get rid of absolutely everything.

Then, if ever you need to reinstall them, you can just get them from your Restore DVD/CD but you have to use a special program to be able to read the package contents. It's called Pacifist.
Thanks mad jew! You've been posting on all of my posts! Maybe I should hire you as my Mac Newbie Question Answer-er.
;) ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.