Deleting Screensavers

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by OC513, Nov 13, 2015.

1. OC513 macrumors 6502

So on the new ATV4 there are the city screensavers and it asks you if you want to download new ones weekly, monthly etc. Well I have been looking like crazy but I cant find a way to delete them. So if you set up for weekly downloads soon enough you will have tons of these city screensavers with no way to delete? Cant be possible. I know one of you guys must be able to help me out. How do I delete them?

2. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

The only thing I've found you can delete are the apps. Everything else seems self regulated. I'm guessing it will delete them as necessary, i.e. if you install more apps, etc. You can turn off the aerial view screen savers. That may or may not delete them.

3. rkieru macrumors member

rkieru

I am making an assumption here, but the way I interpreted the screensaver wording was that it would download a replacement screensaver in the specified time. I cannot imagine why it would store the old ones and continue to download new ones... at 600 MB per screensaver it would take up a majority of your disk space in 6 months to 1 year depending on the storage capacity of your device (assuming a weekly change).