Deleting SEVERAL covert art images at once (iTunes)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macstatic, Apr 20, 2011.

1. macstatic macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to remove several cover art images at once in iTunes? I assumed that I could simply select all the songs, press CMD-I (get info) and go to the covert art tab where I could delete them, but that tab is missing when selecting multiple files. If I just select one file then press CMD-I (get info) I'm able to delete the image.

With hundreds of files with the wrong image (some with a couple of images actually) it would take hours to do one by one. There must be an easier way...
    I'm using iTunes 10.2.1.

2. Princess Cake macrumors member

Select all the songs you wanna remove the art from, in the info pane there is a checkmark next to the album art box, make sure the album art box is empty then click the checkmark and hit OK.

3. macstatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome! It worked :)
    Thanks! :D

Are there any good resources online for not-so-obvious features/tricks like this?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I lol'd at this thread title because of the slight typo in it. I thought you were asking how to remove your 'ahem..personal video collection. ;)

To answer your question, I like to take a glance at THIS site every now and again. Cool tidbits appear quite often on there.