deleting songs from itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djsound, Jan 15, 2008.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

i just recently started using itunes a lot and something is driving me crazy. every time i want to delete a song from my music library it asks me if i want to keep the file or move it to the trash... every single time i want to move it to the trash so it is pointless to ask me every time. for some it might be useful but not myself. Is there a way to skip that step of it asking me??

thanks

2. pepitko macrumors member

I have the same problem, why would I want to keep my file if I want to delete it?!

3. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I think the reason it asks is because some users actually may want to preserve the file's existence on their computer while removing it from iTunes.

iTunes is, in my opinion, the best way to keep track of and organize your music. However, the app does not presume to be the ultimate authority over the life and death of your music files. It allows for the possibility that you may wish to use an alternative music program.

4. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

ya I know 'WHY' it does what it does.. I just do not like it. I copy my music into itunes in the first place (since itunes makes your mp3's into very crappy quality ones) so I do not need itunes to keep track of my music for me. When I delete a song from my itunes I want it deleted since I have it backed up in another area of my computer anyways. It would just make sense to have something in preferences like 'do not ask to put in trash when deleting files'..........or maybe a shift+delete to skip that step. But I can not find anything of the sort.