Deleting Songs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justan, Dec 26, 2008.

1. justan macrumors member

So on my ipod my songs were all right but some of the artists had capital letters and stuff and when i have multiple songs from an artist it sucks having to go through all the different songs. I changed all the names, how do i go about deleting the song on the ipod and replacing them with the new names?

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

You have to do it on your computer with iTunes. Control/Right click on a song, and select 'Get info' from here you can change the songs information.

The information on your iPod will be corrected after your next sync.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Also, select a bunch of songs at once so that you're not deleting six dozen 'a's and replacing them with 'A's.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If the iPod or iPhone's music is manually managed, do modified songs automatically update from the iTunes? I wonder if that's what the OP is asking about....

5. justan thread starter macrumors member

So i just changed all the songs info...when i connect it it will automatically do the replacement for me? ok cool

6. justan thread starter macrumors member

k i connected it, it said syncing and backing up etc and when it was done i dis connected it and the stuff was still the same. Will i have to delete all the songs on my ipod then re-sync the new info? If so, how do i do that?

7. justan thread starter macrumors member