iPhone Deleting stock apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BrandonHacks, Jan 27, 2013.

1. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

Well I normally am not the one asking questions, but I have never seen a discussion about deleting stock apps on a jailbroken phone. My iPhone 5 has barely any space as the fw gets bigger each time. There are MANY stock apps I dont even use so would those be safe to delete from my iphone 5 when the jb is released? Passbook, video, contacts, stocks, iTunes, voice memos, newsstand would be what I want to delete.

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Ya go ahead, just be aware that you may end up restoring if you screw it up to bad to use...

3. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing you mean storage space left? I'd bet you wouldn't free up much by deleting them but can't see what it will hurt, we should be able to do that without a JB anyway.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You either need to get a higher capacity iPhone or delete some of your stuff.
    Deleting stock programs will not save you much space and it can cause major issues like said above.
    Cleanup your pics, videos, texts, music or movies you might have stored.

5. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

There are better ways to get more space. The stock apps are pretty small, and don't take up much.

6. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

While I can't recommend it, some may be removed without difficulty, but Contacts is used by other applications, like the Phone. And iTunes may or may not be used by other applications.

7. glsillygili macrumors 6502

glsillygili

Go to settings > General > Usage, then you can look and see what is taking up the most space on your phone, also this dosent belong in jailbreak section

8. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Well, deleting stock apps WOULD require the phone to be jailbroken, as you cannot otherwise delete them