Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
Hi All,

No issues whatsoever with the way that Apple have implemented the "removal" of stock apps on iOS10 however, I have one major issue.

Of all of the stock apps you can "remove", why on earth can we not get rid of that awful and pointless "Photo Booth" app.

I am sure that someone somewhere uses it, but I would dearly love to be able to hide the loathsome creation.

Jason

dennysanders

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2015
photo booth is not a stock app...not sure why you can't delete it though. Try going through settings>general>storage & iCloud usage>manage storage, tap on "Photo Booth" and see if the "delete" option is there.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
Photo Booth was a stock app ever since I bought my first iPad 2. I have had it on every single iPad since as well.

It doesn't even show up in the storage list either, most odd.

Jason

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Photo Booth is a stock app on iPad and is indeed unremovable for some reason. Might become removable in future.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
It was iPad only and somewhere around ios6 I think, maybe before that.
It is awful. It must be some sort of legacy thing. I might message Apple and see what they say.

For those of you that don't have it on their iPads, how long have you owned an iPad and if it's a while, have you always restored from a back up when you get a new one?

I wonder if it's just an old hangover from an early iOS.

Jason

firewire9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2015
I don't remember if I have this app on my iPad. I remember it from iOS 6 or something, not in the new versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.