Deleting text message - odd option

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wirenut, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Wirenut macrumors regular

I just deleted a text message from a customer. When I went to delete it, it gave an odd option that I never saw before. It was something like "Mark Untrustworthy", or something to that effect.

The problem is that I accidentally clicked on it and now I worry that I won't receive texts from them anymore.

Does anyone know what this option is and what it does?

2. Wirenut thread starter macrumors regular

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

The only different option I saw when swiping left to delete was one that said “hide alerts.”

4. Wirenut thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't been able to repeat it.

When I originally did it, I chose Edit at the top, clicked the button next to the one text message I wanted deleted, then chose Delete. That's when the question was asked.

5. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

If the number isn't saved in your contact and you press edit then select it you'll notice it says "Report as junk" instead of delete in the bottom right. I fell for it myself the other day and marked some texts as junk instead of deleting. It was a mix of not saved numbers and people I text all the time, it hasn't stopped me receiving their messages so don't worry about it.

6. Wirenut thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

I'm trying to repeat that with messages from people not in my contact list, but it's not working. Not sure why.

Anyway, I checked the Blocked numbers list and the person isn't there. SO as long as I still get their calls and messages, all is well. Thanks again.