Deleting the free zinio mag covers

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by wesk702, May 19, 2010.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

There were posts regarding this buried in some threads but just wanted people to easily view this. Even though in The app store they mentioned that they would bring an update to do this I was able to email them and had the extra covers deleted. Great customer support and speedy service. 5 stars.
    Love zinio even more now

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

This has been reported on in a couple of different places here on MR. And you're right, Zinio is now a pleasure to use. It makes me really enjoy my periodicals on the iPad.

3. patrikr macrumors member

Huh... I emailed them two weeks ago about the same thing and didn't even get a reply. I'll give it another try.

4. fairoasis macrumors member

I just emailed them about this problem. Did they give you instructions on how to get rid of those samples on our iPad or is this something they do on an individual basis?

5. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

^^^^^
    Just go to zinio.com and log in to your account. Then email the customer/technical support folks telling them what exactly you want removed. I did it late in the evening, and the magazines I wanted deleted were gone in the morning.

6. btrav13 macrumors 6502

I followed this advice, received a reply in under 1/2 an hour that they were gone. I have logged out of the app and back in, I have logged out and rebooted the iPad and logged back in, and they are still there. I responded to the girl who told me they were gone through email and she swears they should be gone...and they're still hanging around :)

7. Smackfu macrumors newbie

Good customer service but bad app design that you need customer service to delete items.

8. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

They've deleted items for me twice now. Maybe if enough of us keep emailing customer service to have them delete things, they'll hurry up and push out an update that allows us to self-delete.