Deleting Traces of an uninstalled software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amalshah71, Feb 4, 2009.

1. amalshah71 macrumors member

Hello,
    Am pretty new to the mac environment.

I had installed a file with .pkg extension. Later i wanted to uninstall it...so did a googling and found that drag-and-drop the folder to Trash Can would uninstall the software.

Though , later found that some traces are left behind and doing just drag-and-drop isn't sufficient sometimes.

Came across AppCleaner(As mentioned in one of the articles in this forum).

But this AppCleaner needs the folder to be there but i had already moved it to Trash and emptied the Trash too.

Now, how can i remove the traces left behind.
    (I think the Traces may be left behind after moving the folder to Trash Can is because...the second time when i tried to install the same software , in the "custom install" screen it said of Upgrade rather than Install)

I want to be all clean before i start installing the same software for the second time...

Any way out?

Thanks
    amal

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Have you tried performing the 'upgrade install', run the programm, then use App Cleaner afterwards to remove all traces?

Alternatively you can search for files in your user library folder, specifically in the preferences & application support folders. Search for the name of the application as a starting point.