Deleting Unfinished Movie Download?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bushido, Jul 2, 2014.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

so this is a very strange issue i cant seem to fix. I logged into my other iTunes account on my iPhone and it suddenly started to download two HD movies i got for free with the christmas app last december but i never actually downloaded them just hit the "purchase" button to have them stored in the "cloud" back then but anyway heres the issue now.

my iphone ran out of space in the middle of downloading either one of them and now i only have about 400 mb left on my iPhone but i cant seem to be able to remove those unfinished downloads from my itunes queue on my iPhone. "just" letting them download and then remove it again isnt an option either cuz i ran out of space. why is there no delete option??? i also cant download them from my mac because then i cant link my itunes to another account again for 90 days

2. mike08b macrumors newbie

This is a very frustrating aspect of the iPhone :mad: ...for Apple apps, you cannot stop a download in-progress and delete it. It will only allow you to pause the download and resume it later.

You have a few options, however. First try restarting the device. Sometimes a restart will completely cancel the download. If that doesn't work, try a hard restart by pressing and holding the power and home button at the same time until the device powers off. Then release and power on as normal.

If these both fail, the only other thing to try is to free up some space, let the movie finish downloading, and then delete it.

3. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

thanks, neither worked for me unfortunately but i got rid of it thx to iFile on my jailbroken iPhone. still silly that you have to go to such length, cant believe apple hasnt implemented a swipe to delete yet :eek:

4. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Where was the partial download stored? It will make it easier for others in the future to fix this issue.

5. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

var/mobile/Media/Downloads