Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sporkster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
This might sound extremely stupid, but I accidentally deleted Apple's "Font Book", and even more stupid of me, I emptied out the trash can. Does anyone know if I can retrieve it somehow...or download it again? Or will I have to bring it to the Apple store and ask an employee to fix my problem?

Thanks.

Sporkster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Get Pacifist to get (just) the Font Book.app off your Mac OS X (or restore) disk(s). :)

I'm sorry..but how do you do that? I'm sort of new to Macs (since I got mine's a month ago or so). :confused:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
From memory (I've only done it once, quite a while ago):

Download and install Pacifist. Start it with your Mac OS X or restore disk in the disk drive. You should then be able to navigate the content of the .pkg file(s) on the CDs/DVD much like you navigate through Finder. Look for Applications generally and Font Book specially, and once found Pacifict should let you extract it.

Basically...

With a bit of luck someone (with a running version of Pacifist) might come by this thread and give you a better explanation...? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.