Delicious Library alternative for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Errk!, May 12, 2010.

1. Errk! macrumors 6502

I liked the Delicious Library app for iPhone before they had to pull it from the app store - specifically I liked that it synced with the Mac version so I could view my library on my Mac or iPhone.

Is there an alternative for the iPad? I see a few apps that do what Delicious Library does but I don't see any that also have a desktop version. That is key. I don't really want something that publishes to the web, and I would prefer something that is made for the iPad and not just iPhone.

2. rworne macrumors 6502

I really sympathize with you, but the only thing that is holding up DL is the fact that Amazon refuses to license access to its API to programs running on mobile devices (aside from Amazon's own app, that is) without permission. Amazon simply refuses to respond to requests for permission.

So I am in the same boat. I have the old DL app, and while I am very thankful that it still works after all this time, I really want to see an iPad version of it.

3. JaredStrauss macrumors member

Also since apple ripped the user interface so bad for ibooks store I doubt they would ever approve it for the iPad.

4. joeytribbiani macrumors newbie

Movies HD for iPad, will do some of the things you request .

http://itunes.apple.com/dk/app/movies-hd/id363997022?mt=8

Features:
    Add movies by barcode scanning
    Email your movie list
    Fully customizable dvd catalog
    Handles all modern media (DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD) as well as oldfashioned media (VHS, 35mm)
    Movies are shown using their cover (and optionally their title)
    Sort by name, genre and rating
    Quickfind by title
    imdb.com integration (requires network)
    Lend movies to friends
    Import from Delicious Library, Extreme Movie Manager, DVD Profiler, MBase2, Personal Video Database, ANT Movie Collection, Movie Label 2011 and lots more!
    Backup & restore your movie collection

http://www.netwalkapps.com/app/movies-hd

(my first post :D )

5. Brammy macrumors 65816

I exported my Delicious Library, erm, library into Bento and just switched to that on OS X, iPad, and iPhone.