Delicious Library

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by .adam, Jan 12, 2009.

1. .adam macrumors regular

Does anyone know when the Delicious Library iPhone app is set to be released?

I understand that Delicious Monster had a stand at Macworld (presumably where they were showcasing the app) but I haven't seen anything since.

Thanks in advance!

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Will is working on a viewer app. That's all I know.

3. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Yeah... I just bought the desktop app, and I'd love to be able to use my iPhone to add new items to the system. I realize there's not the fine control over the camera that would be necessary to make the barcode scanning as interface as the desktop app (moving from product to product), but even if it were about entering a bunch of ISBNs and snapping photos of items (especially tools, but book covers as well), it would be excellent.

But, again... if Apple would allow the finer camera controls (and overlays), that would open a whole lot of doors. I'd be happy with a pocket edition of Library though. I sware I thought they were working on this since way back. I was almost certain they're have been a release by now.

~ CB

4. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Any update for this? I know the beat went out a month ago but I'm dying for this on the go.

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

As of yesterday:

6. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Any more updates on this? And where can I find out more info about it?

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

In all fairness DL has been one of the least supported and least updated apps. However, I've owned it for a very very long while, probably well into when it first came out and I love it, no matter how poorly it runs. Therefore, it is safe to say that this will take longer than anyone wants or thinks it should take.

8. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Amazon forced Apple to remove the App and with the new 2.2 update on Delicious Library I can't sync it up anymore. WTF?

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Amazon's being a little bitch about their databases. Apparently they're not allowed to be accessed from a mobile device without explicit permission, except that they AREN'T being accessed from a mobile device, they're being copied from a legitimately licensed desktop application to a mobile device.

Screw them.

10. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    The first iPhone savvy web app for Amazon was booted off the Internet and Amazon subsequently released its own iPhone version of its site. Ok, FINE. Amazon's version has gotten better over time, although it took a good while to catch up to the original site created by the 3rd party developer. Ok. Fine. But nuking Delicious Library's iPhone app? Come on, that kind of sucks. Ideally, perhaps the mobile version of Delicious Library can use a completely different backend. Perhaps eBay? Barnes and Noble? I find it hard to believe Amazon has cornered the market on Web 2.0 ecommerce stores and usable APIs with product data.

http://techmagazine.ws/full-web-20-api-list/

I would like a Delicious Mobile app, please.

• CNET Shopping services
    • eBay Online auction marketplace
    • GoodStorm Online retail ecommerce
    • Shopping.com Online retail shopping
    • UPC Database UPC lookup service
    • Zazzle On-demand product creation service

~ CB