"delivered" iphone never recieved

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kelly726, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Kelly726 macrumors newbie

On the first week of august, I ordered my iphone 4 at the att store near my parents house, however the store made a mistake and ordered the phone to be shipped to the store instead of my own house ( which is in another state). Because of this, I had to cancel the order and re-do it so that it would ship to my place. The phone shipped out on thurs, and the website says that it has been delivered, but Its still not here :(

I called fed-ex and they said that they delivered it to my home address and to take the problem up with the sender.I checked with my neighbors and called the store and to see if it had accidently gone there but they said they hadnt recieved it and to call att customer care. Customer care is telling me to go back to fed-ex

Im confused and angry and i dont know what to do. I just want my phone!!! I've been waiting for so long!!! I've been with at&t for 7 years now and have never had a problem with their customer service. Who am I supposed to take this up with??:confused::confused::mad:

2. evilbastard macrumors member

If Fed EX says they delivered it, then the should have a signature. The driver should be able to say whether or not he delivered it to the right person.

3. stujmac26 macrumors regular

Get FedEx to show you the signature and the time stamp from when it was signed for, should hopefully give you some clues as to where it was delivered as it sounds like it went to the wrong address...

4. Kelly726 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just called fed-ex and was told that the package was delivered and that the sender did not require a signature. It was left on the door step. But i was told that at&t would have required a signature...?

Fed-ex is telling me that I need to go around and see if it went to my neighbors but I dont live in a small neighborhood. I've already checked with the houses near mine. Should I just go door to door?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should call up AT&T and explain what happened.
    If they're not willing to help contact your credit card company and dispute the charges.

6. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I can't see Fed-Ex not requiring a signature on this. I know that mine and my brother's iPhones both did. Fed-Ex isn't going to own up to the problem unless you make them. I would go up the chain over there until you get to someone who can do something about it. My guess is the genius who told you a signature wasn't required has no idea whether it was or not. Press the issue and see where it gets you.

7. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

And if FedEx affirms it was delivered, file a police report. Sometimes packages get stolen from in front of houses.